Senior Data Engineer
Do you love utilizing data to improve the way people use, experience, and benefit from software products?
Are you passionate about the potential for data to solve big problems?
Do you enjoy learning about new technologies, researching and identifying the best solutions, streamlining and automating repetitive work to improve people’s lives?
Would you like to build data driven culture and educate your peers as you grow your team?
If so, we’re looking for you!
Thematic is a peer-to-peer marketplace for music artists and content creators to discover and exchange creative assets and services with the help of a proprietary algorithm that taps into the potential of massive, existing, personalized musical datasets like Spotify and YouTube. We’re currently located in Santa Monica and will be moving to a new office in Culver City mid 2018.
We’re looking for a badass Engineer with a proven track record designing scalable data infrastructure for complex datasets, and a willingness to dig into new kinds of machine learning, workflow automation and optimization, and personalized insight generation. Reporting directly to the CTO, you will architect key components of the platform, help define the company’s data strategy, and build the data team from the ground up.
We’re a no bullshit, music loving, values driven culture that is focused on the community, collaboration, and growth (both personally and professionally). We believe in a “We First” mentality, endless curiosity, and a focus on our craft while enjoying the journey. We operate with an agile-ish process, respect time, and love to celebrate the small wins along the way.
- Work with the product team to understand key high-value problems in the music discovery and curation domain that can be solved by applying data science.
- Apply and implement machine learning algorithms and techniques for creatively solving new class of problems.
- Break big data problems down into cases, patterns, component parts and manageable steps to integrate with our microservices architecture.
- Focus on analyzing the market and create insights to help achieve strategic business goals.
- Develop algorithms for feature extraction and feature engineering from multiple signal sources.
- Recommend data infrastructure architecture for driving large-scale data science algorithms.
- Design, build and deploy new features, functions, structures, processing, analytics or data visualization.
- Work with the dev team to build out other data-heavy platform components, such as Elasticsearch.
- Recruit, train, and grow the data team.
- Strong engineering fundamentals; BS/MS Computer Science, Mathematics, or related area of study
- Experience leading projects from start to finish
- 5+ years object oriented development building scalable software
- Experience with sql and nosql databases
- Experience with machine learning and big data platforms
Nice to have
- Strong mathematician
- Leadership ability with interest to build a team
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Experience with c#, .net core
How to Apply
Email us your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com